DISCLOSURE

ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR.

Friday, October 16, 2015

Just when you think things are finally going in the right direction.

ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF DR MYERS.

As a citizen! I find it discouraging that issues of past boards are still present. I was voted in by the community, and sit as a Board Member and Trustee only when in session -- as do all board members. Any spokesman for the Team of 8 was voted in by all sitting board members as a means to represent the board in whole on such matters – as of today that appointed member is Louise Masters, who also happens to be President. It is the responsibility of the Superintendent to speak for the Administration, the same Superintendent that was appointed by the same board of seven. No Board Member holds, or sits, in a higher esteem than any other board member; we are all equally elected officials of the State. It is my duty to watch over the schools financial and administrative responsibilities to the district in whole, as it is every board member’s responsibility to do the same. Unfortunately, in this case it is Ms. Masters who sits as the board appointed spokesman and board appointed President. It is Ms Master’s responsibility for the coordinated release of information with the Superintendent; which in this case turns out to be a double-edged sword. Unfortunately, it is also the responsibility for Ms. Masters and Dr. Hindt to release any responses to the press, even statements made about other board members, such as the one made last night to the Dallas News.

As for this situation, I can't take the credit for divulging any information on the topic, mainly because I was not present at the last board meeting where any information on the topic would have been discussed. Anything I know I got second hand and not in session, so what I know is what everyone else knows. I'm sure Dr. Hindt is investigating the matter and will let the public know what is going on beyond the scope of hearsay. I'm afraid that our appointed spokesperson, and the administration, may have stepped overboard a little bit when stating that I divulged confidential information. In response to this reporter calling me, to which I stated I don’t know anything other than what she has heard, mainly because I was not present in the last board meeting, I receive a shocking call from the same reporter reading the statement that was made by our appointed spokesperson. After my initial call from this reporter I called Dr Hindt, out of courtesy and respect, to let him know that there was a probe about Mr Payne. In return, what I get is a press announcement slandering me as a private citizen for speaking out of line. The thing that really irks me the most was that I didn’t even get a return courtesy call to discuss what the reporter stated. I'm afraid we have a situation whereas I, as well as other citizens of the community, am left scratching head.

From what I can decipher there are certain prior board members that think they are still on the board, and current board members that do not believe in transparency, which is very disconcerting if true, especially given the environment of politics today. This is typically the nature of someone who cares very much what everyone else thinks about them, thus it influences bad judgment or rash decision-making. In this case I warned the district, and our appointed President, that they should not hold on to any such information, but rather make a blunt statement and present any corrective action that is being taken -- regrettably that was not the case. A mistake was made and people jumped to conclusions. We all make mistakes; it’s how we handle those mistakes after the fact that matters.

As I stated when I ran, I am not a politician, especially when it comes to keeping the taxpayers abreast and the school children protected. If any issue is presented to the board that has anything to do with financial matters of the district, i.e. fraud, mismanagement or administrative issues, I believe that transparency of those issues is paramount. By grasping the concept of transparency you in fact shift the cause for the situation to the person that created it. I was not elected to try and hide anything from the community -- and will never try to do so. What I know is what you know, except for items discussed in closed session. Frankly, I’m getting tired of those who play politics with the districts well being, but I’m just one board member, a board member who does not sit lightly when bad news is being hidden from the public, or when I am being accused of something I did not do. Regardless, I am well and not tarnished by such accusations and ask that the community allow Dr. Hindt the chance to get to the bottom of whatever the district has uncovered. I'm very confident he will do what is right for the district. It’s just terrible that the community has to always find out what’s going on in this way, especially when it comes to the welfare of our children and our money.



“It's those crazies that think they can change the world that actually do.” (Steve Jobs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed for derogatory or offensive language. Please considerate of others.

ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF DR MYERS.