DISCLOSURE

ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

It is what it is.....now lets get on with it.


In response to the Allen news article: Now can we do what I have been asking and see if the accusations of fraud have impacted the school district in its financial obligations, especially those accusations of ISD administration manipulating board approvals? Of which, some of those approvals may have involved the bond package for the district. If this individual, who is being accused of fraud, was part of the leadership team for the districts finances, and may have had ties with other ISD staff, and board members, could it also be possible that he was part of the procurement process associated with the bond package? This was why I requested the procurement information from the ISD, and furthered my action for legal clarification. I did this because I felt I was not provided the information requested and was being stalled by board politics.

From what I have researched, which lacks any real depth, the impact of fraudulent activity associated with bonds and procurements, with large contractor arrangements, can carry some stiff penalties for the district. My request to create a bipartisan, and non-ISD related, committee to better investigate, and research the topic, is what I am hoping we can accomplish, so we can set the course straight.

In the end I did not create this mess, I am only highlighting facts about the possible mis-management and manipulation of the system put in place. The reason I speak out is because, I believe, there may be something we are missing, and the fact is, it is too important for the district to just push it aside. The drama of the service center is not the issue.

It's unfortunate that I had to come into office under such contentious debates, but my heart is in it for the district -- you can be assured of that. I will not just sit idle in my board seat and rubber stamp votes because others believe in taking the easy way out. Look at it this way, if I hadn't said anything you would know nothing about it. What would we have done then? You can think anything you want about me personally, but the fact is I am the one sitting in the seat now, and don't think for one minute that I do not feel the pressure of the situation the district is facing. We aren't talking about a new bus barn....we are talking about activity that could undermine our whole bond package, a bond package the district could be forced to repay if the relationships are true, which would mean higher taxes for the community. What would you do?

One more item from the article, and just my personal observation, if Dr Helvey had just taken over leadership in 2006, and this Scott Weber was employed for 9-years, that would mean he started 3 years before Dr Helvey took over as the Superintendent. If there was a lack of management controls during his tenure, that would have capture this, did Dr Helvey inherit it? What other activities went on before Dr Helvey? Knowing Dr. Helvey I find it odd, given his character, that he would purposefully enact such a deficient system of mismanagement, especially when a district is growing at leaps and bounds. Hopefully such a committee would be able to clarify such things as well.

It's unfortunate that Dr. Helvey was the one holding the bag on this, plus, it's definitely not good for the district. In my personal view, I was hoping that, with Dr Helvey's leadership, he would have stayed on to help see the district through this, but I can understand his decision to retire. The situation we are in today was started some years ago, and, as I stated, it is what it is. I am only doing what I swore I would do when I took the oath. I can't speak for anybody else in what they would do.



Dr. Michael Myers




ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF DR MYERS..

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed for derogatory or offensive language. Please considerate of others.

ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF DR MYERS.