DISCLOSURE

ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Transparency: Email exchange with the press. If you want to be quoted correctly then you let the people read.


FYI – The following email exchange with the media I have listed below. I do this for the transparency of the process. It's more than just the "bus barn".


On Aug 6, 2013, at 12:13 PM, Andrew Snyder of the Star Community Newspapers wrote:

Can you explain this to me? 

You asked for "any and all information related to the management of the bond package for the ISD" on three separate occasions. Are the two where you went further two additional or two of the three?

"It should be noted that on three separate occasions I specifically asked for any and all information related to the management of the bond package for the ISD. On two occasions I even went further by requesting information on the service center itself. On all occasions, accept for two, I was not provided the information I requested."


Response:
On Aug 6, 2013, at 12:15 PM, Dr. Myers wrote:

"My request was based on any and all data relating to the bond package to include actual data on the drives (which at the time I did not have access to); any processes associated with procurement; the management of the procurement team; the process of reviewing the potential contractors; and the review process associated with the awards. On top of that I also asked specifically to Mr. Tharpley, face-to-face, for the same process and the cost estimates associated with the Service Center - mainly because I was being asked to vote on the release of $32 Million from the bond package. What I received was a few comments back from staff in email stating they would get the data together; a quantities cost estimate on the service center; and a lot of flack in my pursuit for the information (mainly from 4 tenured board members). Mr. Tharpley provided me the cost estimate for the service center and spoke to me about the management team who reviewed the bond package -- of which he stated he was part of that team. I did manage to see some more material after the last board vote in regards to past board analysis of the potential service center locations, but no where in the data was there any relevant information about the entire procurement process, selection criteria, approval processes or reviews."


On Aug 6, 2013, at 12:33 PM, Andrew Snyder wrote:

In what way specifically do you think district administrators violated state law?

"It is this process, and the knowledge there of, that this administration, in my interpretation, was in violation of the law. I requested an investigation by legal council, but have not received anything as of today."

Response:  August 6, 2013, 12:38:14 PM CDT Dr. Myers wrote:

"The law, as was pasted into my write up, is what I am referring to. What I am asking for is a bipartisan committee of non-ISD related personal to conduct an investigation of the entire bond package most specifically as it relates to the potential fraud accusations in the charges being filed. From what I am getting, and the heat I am taking, suggests hints that something is amiss. What that is I don't know, thus my request. If there was any hint of a connection between the fraud accusations and a $360 Million bond package, most specifically as it relates to the procurement and award of that bond, would be in jeopardy. The impacts on the school district from such behavior would be devastating to the ISD and the taxpayers. My goal is to seek out what I can and get the process validated so we can move on."  





ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF DR MYERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed for derogatory or offensive language. Please considerate of others.

ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF DR MYERS.